CDA shares details about expansion of ISB Expressway

According to a report from a news source on December 9, the Capital Development Authority (CDA) has shared updates on the expansion progress of the Islamabad Expressway. As per the information provided, the projected completion date for this initiative is March 24. Presently, 60% of the work is complete, prompting concerns about finishing the remaining 40% within three months.

Read: Third-Party Audit To Determine If CDA Should Import Electric Buses Made In China.

Although CDA officials are optimistic about meeting the March deadline. With uninterrupted funding, some individuals believe that a more realistic completion estimate would be June.

Furthermore, the CDA officials highlighted that while 40% of the work remains pending, the majority of the road construction is already done, with specific attention on finalizing work for three primary bridges. They assert that approximately 4 kilometers from G.T. Road to Kak Pul is completed, while the remaining section is being worked on in segments.

To improve and widen a 7-kilometer section from the PWD Interchange to G.T for rehabilitation and expansion purposes. Road in Rawat, the CDA awarded a contract worth PKR 10.9 billion to the Frontier Work Organisation (FWO). This project encompasses crucial structures such as the Bhandhar Bridge, Japan Road underpass, and Soan Bridge. This aims to incorporate two rigid and two flexible lanes on each side of the expressway. This also aims to alleviate the daily traffic disruptions caused by bottlenecks.

Read: CDA Initiates Feasibility Study For Shadra And Chinot Dams In ISB.

In another update, the CDA has recently finished a 2-kilometer segment of the expressway from Korang Bridge to PWD Interchange, at a total expense of PKR 2 billion. However, work on expanding the railway bridge near PWD Interchange is still in progress. With a target of completion within the next three months.

Visit RBS for more news and updates.

Leave a Reply