- June 16, 2023
- Posted by: Muhammad Shehzad
- Category: RBS News
Federal Minister for Planning Development and Special Initiatives Ahsan Iqbal presided over the meeting, which witnessed the participation of the Secretary of the Planning Ministry, members of the Planning Commission, and representatives from several ministries and divisions.
According to news reported on June 15, the Central Development Working Party (CDWP) has approved 25 development projects totaling PKR 236.71 billion for a variety of industries.
Examined Projects by CDWP
According to the specifics, the CDWP examined 29 projects for the following:
- Cabinet Division,
- Ministry of Communication,
- Ministry of Education and Professional Training,
- Ministry of National Health Services Regulations and Coordination,
- Ministry of Planning Development and Special Initiatives and
- Ministry of National Food Security.
Furthermore, if you’re seeking a lucrative investment opportunity in Islamabad, we highly recommend exploring the incredible Gulberg Greens Islamabad!
Approved Projects and Details
The following information relates to the projects that the CDWP has approved:
- A collaborative program between Pakistan and Korea to produce certified seed potatoes, worth PKR 985.067 million.
- The TEVT national reform program for agriculture includes professional capacity building and extension, costing PKR 4,000 mil.
- PKR 1,050 mil will be spent on thorough investigation of the uranium deposits in the Bannu Basin and Kohat Plateau (Phase-V), with an emphasis on cost-effectiveness.
- RSMR (Phase-II), reconnaissance survey of mineral resources, with a cost-savings goal of PKR 1,060 mil.
- Installation of an on-grid solar power system costing PKR 80 mil at PNRA facilities.
- As part of federal and provincial public financial management reforms, there are plans to implement Sehel, an online billing system. The implementation is expected to cost PKR 1,995.71 mil. Furthermore, there are explicit instructions to explore avenues for reducing the expenses associated with it.
- The purchase of equipment worth PKR 7,476 mil for the construction of a cancer hospital in ICT.
- National Health program, worth PKR 6,382.783 mil.
Additional Approved Projects and Details by CDWP
Furthermore, the CDWP also gave its approval to the following development projects:
- Paharpur-Sidra Morr Road (N-55) construction is part of the DI Khan development package, which costs PKR 2,678.251 mil.
- Upgrade of the Kundal Interchange (M-14) to Tajazai Road (N-55), part of the PKR 9,224.950 mil DI Khan development plan.
- Construction of the Bhong Interchange, at PKR 1,826.569 mil, on the Sukkur-Multan Motorway (M-5) at its intersection with Bhong-Sadiqabad (revised).
- Building a Salloke junction on the Lahore-Sialkot highway, costing PKR 1,606.444 mil.
- PKR 1,448.502 mil is the cost of constructing the Jamal Din Wali Interchange on the M-5 motorway.
- PKR 1,596.529 mil will be spent on the construction of an interchange at Taraygarh on the Lahore-Abdul Hakim motorway (M-3) to benefit the residents of Warburton, district Nankana Sahib.
- Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works’ infrastructure will be upgraded for PKR 9,963.607 mil.
- Construction of the PKR 4,293.068 mil Qasim Rail Freight Terminal at Karachi’s load-out station.
- Action to improve program performance for the PKR 525.78 mil, Inclusive and Responsive Education Program (ASPIRE).
- The $1,332.828 mil project to build an interchange on the M-3 Abdul Hakim motorway in Essan, Saharanpur district, Sheikhpura.
- Constructing the Khwazakhela-Besham Motorway, estimated to cost PKR 79,130.878 mil.
- Constructing the Sindh Coastal Highway, estimated at PKR 16,204,303 mil.
- Kachhi Canal project, worth PKR 8,569.253 mil, for the rehabilitation of flood damages in 2022.
- Revised PC-1 for the PKR 23,845 mil Dubaization of the Rawalpindi-Kahuta Road through the Sihala Railways Pass and Kahuta Bypass.
To further stay informed about the latest developments regarding ‘CDWP Greenlights Exciting Development Projects Across Multiple Sectors’, we encourage you to stay connected with Royal Business Solutions, your trusted source for timely updates and valuable insights.